Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Barcelona Day 2



Paula and I had 10 o’clock reservations for Park Guell It was good to be there early because it was bloody hot. In addition to the heat, there were easily 2000 people there. Unlike when Joe and I visited many years ago, and we didn’t have to pay, and they were maybe 100 people in the whole park, we couldn’t really see anything because there were people everywhere. It was too hot and dusty to walk the trails. The trails were all burnt out, because Barcelona has been in a drought and everything‘s dry. There were a few plants blooming, but really it was a wash in my opinion. I was glad we only paid seven dollars for our tickets.  If anybody’s going to Barcelona and you have a choice between Park Guell or Sagrada Familia, skip the park.  












Once we decided to leave the park, we headed across the street to buy tickets for the hop on hop off bus. We rode that around for about three hours until we were tired and our brains were scrambled from too much information. I had no idea Barcelona was such a huge city and there was so much to see. I doubt I will ever return but my advice to anybody visiting there is to go during the off-season when the weather is cool and there aren’t so many tourists.

We hopped off at a place where we saw a nice restaurant and had a great lunch Sicilian food.  Had a stirfry with chicken and vegetables, and I had a pasta dish that was so tasty with its tomatoes, olives, eggplant, and red peppers, and I ate the whole thing!

I looked at all that olive oil and I remember telling myself, “you’re going to be sorry!

And sorry I was! As soon as we got back on the bus, my stomach began rumbling, and I was crying for a place to take a break (You know that feeling?). I was never SO happy to see a Starbucks in my life!  

At that point we were about 3 1/2 miles from our hotel so we decided to walk home. It was hot, but it felt good to finally walk. 

I didn’t get much sleep last night. And I felt like I was keeping Paula up so for the rest of the trip we’re going to book some separate rooms  When I get insomnia, I just need to get up turn on the light and read.  It literally hurts me to lay in bed, so I need a space of my own. 

This morning, we caught the train to Logroño. We will be here two nights. I spent much of the day trying to make my pack lighter because I don’t think we’re gonna be able to get backpack transport on the erratic schedule that we’ve made. We’ll see what happens  
Tomorrow we are going to wine museum and hopefully for a long walk along the river  



3 comments:

  1. Hopefully things will work themselves out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your photos! I hope you can get a private room and rest in peace! Sending good luck wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! the photos from Barcelona are beautiful! I'm so sorry you were so uncomfortable in the heat! I can relate and it is not fun! Take care and stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.