Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Tuesday, April 09, 2024

And the Trip Begins With...

 

Yesterday I woke up to a message saying my trip was on alert because of bad weather in Dallas Fort Worth and I should rebook.

After an hour on hold, I was told by the Capitol One Travel agent to wait and see what happened - that Iberia had not yet decided to cancel the flight and if I changed it would cost me around $1200.

I woke up this morning,
all excited to leave on my trip,
to this message above.  

After contacting American Airlines,
I was told to contact Iberia.

After contacting Iberia
I was told to contact Capitol One,
who I made the reservation with. 

Capitol One told me to contact Iberia.  

::::MANIACAL LAUGHTER!!!:::

I told them I needed a supervisor. 

And after another long wait
he helped me find my new booking.
I now leave from PDX
at 7:30 pm instead of 2:30.
He was so kind.

His name was Calvin.
Thank you, Calvin!

It's actually a better flight because
I can go to sleep at my normal time
and wake up at my normal time,
which is about 4 am PST
(and noonish in London). 

I do hate flying through LHR,
but at least I change in the same terminal
as my flight to Madrid. 

So now I arrive around 5:30 pm
instead of 2:30 pm.
Not so bad. . .  

So... onto my hot bath, breakfast,
and a trip to the airport.

I plan on arriving several hours early
because there's some weird thing
about my passport
I need to take care of.

I hope from this point forward,
my trip goes smoothly.

I'm too old for all this stress . . . 


4 comments:

  1. Talk about a roller coaster ride! Good thing you are flexible! Sheese! From Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buen Camino… Thank you for all your help … You are a valuable resource

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.