Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Castille y Leon Day

As luck would have it, we are in Leon on a holiday so there are no food markets open and no China bazars open. However, I found a pharmacy to get some lotion for my face and hands. I don’t usually carry it, but the wind has just dried me out like a prune. Also found plenty of places serving coffee and 2d breakfast, but many restaurants will be closed for the evening.  

Paula is now enjoying a visit to the Gaudi museum. I found a place to get a battery pack from my telephone so I am able to charge it on the trail. I also found a pharmacy open to get some medicine for my allergies.

There are tons of pilgrims in town. I see them on every corner and every street. Some are moving at a great pace and others look injured.  

This morning on the forum, I read about a couple from Australia on their way to Madrid, who got stuck in Dubai for three days sleeping on the airport floor because of the floods. They are now in Madrid, but their packs are missing and they have no idea where they are. This is just another reason that I highly suggest people carry your pack on the plane and do not check it. 

I think at this point I’m going to retreat my hotel room, do my wash, and just have a quiet rest day. 

Here is a little more about the local holiday from Wikipedia

Castile and León Day (SpanishDía de Castilla y León) is a holiday celebrated on 23 April in the autonomous community of Castile and León, a subdivision of Spain. The date is the anniversary of the Battle of Villalar, in which Castilian rebels called Comuneros were dealt a crushing defeat by the royalist forces of King Charles I in the Revolt of the Comuneros on 23 April 1521.






 



1 comment:

  1. I love Leon! I spent two days there in 2014 giving St one really painful tendinitis in my left foot a rest. Patty



    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.