Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

A SPECTACULAR Sunset at Quartzsite!

Generally, one would begin talking about the day in the morning, then end with the evening, but THIS was THE most spectacular sunset I've ever seen in my life.  This is a photo of our friends' brand new rig, parked next to us at the Hi Jolly Campground, in Quartzsite, Arzona.  It could be a Chamber of Commerce photo for the city!  This photo is not retouched at all, and I couldn't capture the true essence of the color with my iPhone. If only I'd had a "real" camera!

Hi Jolly Campground, Quartzsite, Arizona
Mind blowing! 
It was all we could do 
to stand with our mouths open 
and drink it all in.

Yesterday morning, my folding solar panels arrived!  I had been trying to charge my laptop on my car battery via an inverter, but it was really too much of a drain on my battery. So I ordered a 100 watt solar suitcase and an AGM battery.  I had them sent to a little shop in Quartzsite, Arizona that receives packages for snowbirds. Holy heck, that battery was heavy!  I had it placed it in the passenger seat floorboard, and hooked up the cables, and VOILA!  I had electricity from the sun, like magic!
My 100 watt and my 30 watt solar panels

The battery sits in the passenger floorboard along with my laundry bucket

Two of my favorite camping companions also showed up!

PICKLE

And Pickle's mom, Merle!
We hung out and waited like vultures for my favorite campspot in the Hi Jolly park to become vacant this morning, and moved right in!   Once we were settled in, it was laundry day!

The warm wind dried our clothes in no time!
We hung three clotheslines of paracord 
A girl can't have too much paracord! 
There was a warm gentle wind most of the day 
and it dried the clothes out quickly. 


While the clothes were drying, I had a light lunch of fruit and home-cured olives, a gift from Joe, who processed several gallons this year! Thanks Joe! They are mighty tasty!


The day ended with this gorgeous freaky sunset!
We stood out and watched it for a long time,
until it completely faded.
What a joy and a blessing
to live so close to Mother Earth!

It's now 1 am.
The wind outside is blowing like crazy,
rocking the van,
and it woke me up!
The dust from that wind
could be what caused the sunset...
though people all over the USA got the same gorgeous color tonight.

Whatever the cause,
it was amazing,
and
I'm happy to have experienced this!

Time now to try to get a few more hours of shut-eye.
Good night, world!
Love,
Annie





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.