Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

She Has a Nice Rack!

Figuring out "what works for me" is part of the process of deciding to live in a van.  Until you try things, hopefully in your own driveway to begin with, you just don't know. Until you sleep in the space, cook in the space, live in the space, you have no idea of what you really need.  The next few posts show me trying out various ideas, some which worked and some which did not.

*******

Ok.. sorry to be politically incorrect, but I couldn't help myself.

I went to Goodwill last night, looking for a set of curtains to block the view from the cab to the back of the van, and look what I found!  This VERY cool, VERY lightweight rack with 6 sliding drawers.  The drawers slide in both directions, which make it an excellent storage space for food. If I'm cooking off the tailgate, it's perfect.  If I'm cooking inside, it's perfect.

Also, there is a space of probably 7 inches next to it where I can store a thin water container or some other needful thing.



My van is coming along. Joe helped me put in a plywood floor yesterday and I found this rug in my camping gear.

Here's a peek at where what I've been doing:


Today I'm looking for another curtain and a bedskirt to hide the storage bins under the bed. I'm also going to start on the reflectix window inserts.

She's coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.