Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Dome Rock, Quartzsite, Arizona Winter 2018



Laundry Day at Dome Rock

Nelda being Nelda - I just LOVE her!

I haven't laughed this hard in YEARS!
I met up with some friends from the Pacific Northwest at Dome Rock, in Quartzsite, Arizona and we waited together for the RTR to begin.  The RTR is the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous. It is a gathering of like minded gypsies, travelers, van-dwellers, nomads, and adventurers and was begun by a fellow named Bob, who has since become quite a celebrity. You can read more about the RTR 2018 at this link:  Rubber Tramp Rendezvous

I originally met Nelda and her husband Jerry in Portland, Oregon at a book signing at Powell's books for Jessica Bruder and her book, Nomadland.  It was there I also met Misty Pine, Lois Middleton, Karylee Harrison, Meryl Redwing, and a few others.  I invited some of the women to my home in Portland for coffee and chat about van dwelling. Nelda and Meryl were two who attended.  Nelda attended the first RTR, along with other folks at the Dome Rock Camp, and I was so pleased to get an invitation to join them.

What a kick these folks were!  Sassie and Andrew, Gary, Pat, Vern, Cherie, all had attended previous RTRs. Meryl showed up with her very cool dog, Pickle and a new friend Kimba, and we had a great time. I felt I found my second tribe!

Some folks didn't want their photos online, so I am trying to respect that. Just imagine beautiful, friendly, smiling faces.

Solving the world's problems?

Sunset at Dome Rock

The campfire

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.