Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Ehrenberg (Feb 2018)

A little dust storm made for an eerie sunset tonight. 

I pulled in to Ehrenberg and tried to follow the directions on Bob’s YouTube video. A gal pulling a trailer came up behind me and asked if I was OK which was nice, and I followed her into the camp. There are probably 20 to 30 rigs here but no really established camp that I’ve seen yet. Of course I’m new to this, and maybe this is the way it rolls.

Dinner was crackers and hummus and an orange. 
Don’t really feel like cooking until I settle in somewhere. 
Tomorrow morning I wake up with the chickens, 
make myself some coffee, 
and head into Quartzsite to see if I can find 
any of the women from my Facebook groups.

My tailbone is still awfully sore from the fall I took in Portland
 on my sons icy steps. 
I’m hoping that’ll ease up soon 
because it makes it hard to sit for any length time. 
I’m also hoping that this is just a bruise and that I didn’t crack my tailbone. 
Not sure how long it’ll take to heal but I wish it would hurry.

My van is feeling a little cramped tonight 
and now I’m wishing I had brought the tent 
that I left in Desert Hot Springs. 
But I think once I set up camp and get my table 
and my water in my ice chest all out of here it’ll be fine. 

Payday isn’t until Friday so I’m going to Boondock until then. 
On Friday I may go ahead and get a long-term visitors permit 
and stay in a regular campground for a few weeks.

It’s 6:08 PM, the sun has gone down, 
and I’m hoping this dust clears because I’d love to see the stars tonight 
before I go to sleep.

More tomorrow. 
Sweet dreams world. 
Love, 
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.