Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

SHOWERS ON THE ROAD - Please add updates if you have them



I figured it would be nice to post the places I find showers. I'll add to this list as I find more and more places.

Planet Fitness:  Join for $10-20 per month, and you're able to shower at any Planet Fitness facility from what I understand. I used their showers once. They were clean. 

Along the West Coast and Hwy 101

Flint, Washington:   Showers in town at 2 of the town motels. One costs $3 per shower. The other costs $5 and includes towels, washcloth, soap and shampoo.  Can't remember the name of the motels, but will post it when I do.

Tillamook, Oregon: YMCA has $1 showers Monday-Friday 5:30 am - 10:30 am & 7 pm - 8:30 pm

Beverly Beach Oregon:  This state part and most other state parks in Oregon will allow you to buy a nice hot shower for $2.  If you're disabled, the disabled showers are larger and have a hose nozzle. The Disabled shower at Beverly Beach appears to be wheelchair accessible. Clean? Well, it's a beach so the floors were sandy and it's Oregon so there's always a bit of mold.

Grace Wins Haven, Newport, Oregon:  Showers for free on Tuesdays. Open at 9 am. Get in and sign up early. Address is 437 Northeast 1st Stree.

Rec Center Newport, Oregon:   Showers for $5.50 each

Rockaway Beach:    Arisana Tolomei from my Women's RTR Facebook page says: I was just camping at Barview Jetty Campground. We only had to put 2 quarters in to get the shower started. Never used more than 5 quarters per shower. 🙌 This campground is on the Oregon coast in Rockaway Beach.

Seaside: I found a hot shower outside the MEN's bathrooms at The Cove beach. A girl COULD wear a swimsuit and get a nice shower there.

Near Flagstaff - I-40

Flagstaff, AZ:  Little America Travel Center.  Suanne Carlson reports:  So on my way west on I-40, I knew I was going to be driving by Little America Travel Center, and planned to stop for a "spa" treat. I paid my $12 and $5 deposit, received two huge towels, a large wash cloth, a small bottle of shampoo, some fancy-dancy liquid soap, and a key to room 9. The bathrooms are huge for truck stop facilities -- a big shower, long counter/mirror with sink, a semi-private toilet area, and a big shower. But, what really sets this place apart are the large tubs.

Donna Rimmer shares:  Another place I take showers in Flagstaff....FLAGSTAFF AQUATIC CENTER.
ONLY $6.50 for a day pass.
I swim awhile, sit in HOT TUB, then take a long hot shower.
Covered parking.
Only 9.50 if you are not a senior.
My favorite place to go.


Route 66

Grand Canyon SOUTH Rim - Route 66:  I had a wonderful 8 minute HOT shower on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I found showers at the Camper Services Building at the entrance to Mather Campground. 8 am – 6 pm core hours, last laundry wash 4:45 pm. The showers were $2 for 8 minutes, and the water was lovely and hot! Take quarters!

Kingman Arizona -
Kingman, AZ.Cornerstone Mission on Sycamore Street behind Motel 6.
FREE showers!!!!!
They have towels, soap and shampoo, also.
Nice "ladies" shower, toilet, sink, mirror.

Lake Havasu, Arizona
Lake Havasu Aquatic Center.
$5.00 day pass. Hot tub, pool, and showers available.

Ajo, Arizona
$3 showers at Shadow Ridge RV
behind the Shell station
50 cent showers at Belly Acres RV next to Npa
Shadow Ridge is nicer


Yuma, Arizona YWCA :  1917 West 32nd Street. Showers are $3 whenever facility is open. Sunday

9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Monday
5:00 am to 10:00 pm
Tuesday
5:00 am to 10:00 pm
Wednesday
5:00 am to 10:00 pm
Thursday
5:00 am to 10:00 pm
Friday
5:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday
8:00 am to 4:00 pm



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.