Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

On To Kingman, Arizona

After visiting Oatman for a few hours, we headed out the other end of Route 66 toward Kingman.  This is a very narrow, VERY winding road with a lot of switchbacks so we drove slow and steady.  But Oh. My. GOSH!  The scenery was just spectacular.  My iPhone can't begin to capture it. And there are some great places to pull out and park that I'm going to remember for next season!





Cool Springs Camp
Cool Springs Camp was lovingly rebuilt in the 1990's so it could be destroyed in a scene from The Universal Soldier. GPS: 35.02731, -114.30879

View of my "back yard" tonight - it's called Thimble Mountain

Now I really will have to say goodbye to Vern as he heads north tomorrow and I head south.  He's been a great traveling partner and I'm looking forward to visiting him on my way back up to Portland.

I connected with Merle today and may meet her down south in Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument Thursday, but I haven't decided for sure.

Tomorrow I plan to go to Kingman and visit the Route 66 museum there.

My plan to go to Flagstaff fell through today when I found they didn't have the solar panels I was hoping to buy, so I'm back to considering plan 1.. heading south to make a big loop around Arizona - finishing up Route 66 in Arizona BACKWARDS from  the border when it warms up a bit.  I'll take a look at the weather forcast tomorrow and make a decision.

Soooo... steaks tonight and hopefully some coyotes or burrow to listen to. And if nothing else, a kazillion stars in the sky to wish on...

What a life!

Love,
Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.