Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Parker Strip Winter 2018

A lot has happened since my last post. 
I'll try to catch up.

I had a great time on the Colorado River with Karylee and Sandra. 
I left Quartzsite and visited the London Bridge in Lake Havasu. 
Then I went to the Parker Strip and camped for a few days with my girls.

The first Saturday night I was there, we went to karaoke!  
We almost had too much fun!





I had been talking about taking the van onto Route 66 and exploring, so on the way out of karaoke, finding this bag felt like a sign!


We met a new friend, Nancy, 
who was parked with her husband next to our camp.  
During the week, we took a nice hike into the desert 
and up to a flag that was planted on a nearby hill.


Karylee does something called geocaching. 
I guess it's nothing new, but I'd never done it so it was fun learning about it.





On the way down the hill, we found a dump with old pottery and depression glass pieces. I had "hearts" on my mind . . .



Karylee and I walked to a nearby campground and used their showers.


I spent a lot of time practicing guitar. 




I just loved spending time with Karylee and Sandra. They taught me a lot about full-timing it in a van. I hope to hook up with them again later in the season.



This is the solar charger for my phone. 

Those beautiful cold mornings on the river were made even more special by a cup of hot coffee under the trees while watching the sunrise.


Karylee had her camp all lit up for the holdays!


Keeping warm with my Mr. Buddy heater


About a week into my stay, I got a call from my mother saying she needed help. So I packed up and took off for Hanford.  We put my mother's house up for sale and are looking at a smaller place today. I hope to get her settled, so I can continue my van trip.

The morning I left, this was what the sunrise looked like. This photo is NOT retouched. It was just spectacular!


Sandra in her jammies
Saying goodbye to new friends
On the drive back to Desert Hot Springs, 
I passed this fenced enclosure COVERED with shoes! 
SHOES!
It was crazy! 
Some of the shoes looked brand new; others were old and worn.  
How funny, huh?



I also passed this sign post. People in this area have a funny sense of humor!


Spent one night at Joe's desert home in Desert Hot Springs, then headed next morning to mom's house. Found her laying on the couch watching tv. It felt like the little boy who cried wolf. She seemed to be ok.

But in talking to her, she's overwhelmed with her large 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house, so we put her place up for sale and will move her into a smaller mobile home park. 
After a few days she decided NOT to sell.
I feel like a freaking yo-yo.
I hope I'm easier on my own children
when the time comes.

Mom's neighbor, Avery, with her pooch. 
Avery has been such a good friend and neighbor to my mother. I think they'll really miss each other. 

I've been walking in the mornings, and walked past this walnut grove. 
I love the fact that someone took the time to dress each tree for the holiday!


Once this business is taken care of, my van and I'll be back on the road.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.