Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Farewell Tillamook!

August 1, 2017

Once my van was finished, I headed back to Tillamook. 
Gary said there were over 100 folks there!
 But I missed a LOT of them, and on the day I arrived back, 
people were packing up to go.

After a couple of days, the place thinned out 
and only a few stragglers (like me) were left.

Sassy Pants!

Kenny

Bob 2

Karylee

We said goodbye to Christy, to Casey, 
and a few others today.

Christy and I in our warm "twinsy" hats
Saying Goodbye Yesterday
Where'd everyone go?
Once everyone left, the few of us who were still at Tillamook 
got busy and did odd jobs we had put off.  

I THOUGHT I would be heading up the Penninsula early this morning.
I woke up around 5:30 and planned to head to the YMCA for a shower.
I turned on the car and there was that ugly "check engine" light!
DAMN!

I wasn't sure what to do so I checked with Casey.
She had told me about a really good mechanic 
she had used here in Tillamook.
I called him and he told me to bring the car in.

He checked the car with his little doo-flotchy
and then opened the hood.
There, we found the mechanic at Hillsboro Toyota
had not connected the hose to the air filter.
Sheesh!

A $30 fix and hopefully it will be fine now.

Karylee got her new window and spent a day cleaning and fixing 
so Kenny could help her install it.


Mustang Sally ordered a brand new 200 watt solar panel. 
It only weighs 10 pounds and is pretty as a picture! 
Kenny spent the afternoon helping her install it. 
She wanted it hooked up before her trip back home to Florida.

Kenny is worth his weight in GOLD!
He's the best "honey-do" dude I've ever met, 
outside of Joe #2.

Karylee documents everything!  She's our historian, I think.
Sassy and I got our laundry done so we could head out tomorrow, 
with Sally, to do the Olympic Peninsula drive.  

We're hoping to meet up with Jerry and Nelda somewhere up the road. 
It should be a lot of fun!

Using my "washing machine."
I actually LOVE my cordless "washing machine" 
which looks just like a large plunger with holes and a grid bottom. 
It is an exact replica of one I saw up at the Route 66 museum, 
used by folks coming out West during the Dust Bowl.  
Works like a charm!

I finagled a clothesline on the back of the van door. 
With the sun and breeze, the clothes should be dry by nightfall.



Mustang Sally tried out Kenny's RAD MINI bike.
She loved it!



Well, that's it!
The Tillamook Meet Up is over.
It was a kick!

Just one more sleep
until my 66th Birthday!
Just one more sleep 
until a new adventure!

Life is good!

Love, 
Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.