Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Window Film and Curtains

Well, I decided to name my van Sophia, 
after the Goddess of Wisdom. 
I'm hoping to gain more Wisdom while on the road.


I picked up a brand new pair of sun blocking curtains today at Goodwill for only $12.  I didn't LOVE the curtains, but I didn't hate them either. I cut the curtains off and made privacy curtains between the cab and where I will sleep. These also are insulated, so hopefully will help keep out the cold air. I cut them about 4 inches too long so I could fold them under at the bottom. This way there shouldn't be any breeze at all coming in from the colder cab.



They're a bit shiny and I didn't bother ironing them because the heat/cold/moisture will smooth out the wrinkles in a day or two.



I had enough left over from the 84" curtains to do curtains for the back hatch window as well.



People have asked how I hung the curtains. 

I managed to do it without any tools or drilling.
See that space between the door jamb and the roof of the car?
Well, I strung my curtains on a bungie cord that was about 4 inches shorter than the distance across the cab (4 feet).  You don't want the bungie TOO short and tight or it will pull the plastic away from the metal.

See that space between the plastic and the headliner?
I slid the hook of the bungie right into that space,
then twisted it downwards until it caught.



Hooked!


Hanging just fine!
I also picked up these two pillow covers that zip closed. They were new and still in the package. I'm going to fill them with my jacket, gloves, hat, and other clothes I won't need every day.  Instant storage!


I also had an idea to use this colorful "stained glass" film on my side windows. It has been on my bedroom windows and I'll need to remove it before I go, so maybe I'll recycle it for the van.  I love the way it looks!  It lets light in but nobody standing outside can see in, even if they put their nose to the glass. I'll have to piece it together, but I think it will look sweet!

I stuck on a piece to experiment.  That's my neighbor's van in the background. He's a college student. He and his girlfriend are outfitting their new van at the same time. It's been fun watching it come along.


So that's all for today. I did put the Luggable Loo lid on my bucket and guess what fit perfectly on top?  My meditation pillow. So I'll sew a skirt for the Loo bucket, plop the meditation pillow on top, and voila!  A guest chair!




Sophia is getting more and more like a home every day!

I'm so excited!



Tomorrow I have to figure out the other window coverings. I ordered Reflectix but it didn't arrive yet. I also ordered wire bins for the back, but they weren't what I wanted, so they're being returned.  I'm on the lookout for colorful milk crates, but haven't been able to find them in Portland yet. 




Having so much fun!

Love,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.