Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

We Have GOT to Stop Meeting Like This!

Headed out yesterday morning on my way to Oatman 
after saying a sad goodbye to Vern.  

I stopped to check the map between Ehrenberg and Parker 
and who should pull over in front of me but ... 
VERN!

Hahaha!

So... we drove together and parked about 8 miles out of Oatman 
in a really sweet part of the desert.   
We ate the leftover curry for dinner and went to bed early.

My first Route 66 Sign!

Got me a cowgirl hat!

Shadow on Vern's wall

Another beautiful sunset!

This morning, while I was getting dressed, a coyote came within 10 feet of the open door of my van. Vern called me to say, "Do you see that?!"  It was very cool. I got a video but don't have enough internet to load it.

Soon after, we headed to Oatman for breakfast.

What a beautiful drive!  If you plan on going that way, hold out to camp up closer to the mountains on mile marker 21 or 22. There are some VERY sweet parking spots at both mile markers.

Oatman is a funky little town on Route 66 - and turned out to be cute, but quite a tourist trap.  We were lucky to arrive early and see most of the town before the tourist buses rolled in!  There were burros EVERYWHERE, so Vern got his donkey fix!

We had bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, gravy and biscuits for breakfast at the Hotel Restaurant. Kowabunga, I ate a lot!  They had some pretty funny signs in there too!

After breakfast we walked all over the small town.  Lots to see and plenty of tourist shops to visit.




Burro just taking a rest!  lol!

Gimme a kiss!

Don't see these much anymore!


Sign says "Don't feed Me!"
The reason they don't want you to feed the baby burros is because they are still nursing and may choke on food like carrots.  MOST people follow the rules, but I guess last year, one baby died at Parker Strip when a stupid human decided they knew better and fed it a carrot.

Hmmmmmm??? 
We finished off the day with ICE CREAM!




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.