Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Saddle Mountain 2/28/2018

When I arrived at Saddle Mountain, the sun was shining. I think this is one of the most beautiful places I have camped so far!  I drove up the road of the BLM campground and found a spot near the mountains. Upon looking at Google Maps, the road dead ends at another road that goes in both directions up ahead. If I had 4 wheel drive, I might go further, and today I’ll take a walk to explore.

I got set up just in time, because the clouds quickly rolled in and it began raining. I snugged up in the van and finished reading The Grapes of Wrath and slept with the sound of rain on the roof.

What a life!

Now this is more like it!  I counted only about 8 rigs out here. This must be a well-kept secret. Or maybe it’s just because it’s mid-week. Whatever… I’ll be back here next season for sure!  It’s so quiet out here, and the beauty is just stunning.

This morning, after the rain, there was that wonderful desert-smell of creosote in the air. One of the things I love about van-dwelling is how close I live to the earth. I’m just one step away from the ground, and when I open my side door each morning, I have a beautiful view of a backyard that constantly changes.

I feel healthier and happier out here in nature.  And though I’m sure there will be times I’ll want to be back in 4 walls, for now, this is a slice of heaven for me.

What a life!

Looking out my van door 



Cooking dinner and tomorrow's food, before the rain starts!

Those clouds rolled in FAST!

Bundled up in the van, listening to the rain

A beautiful morning!

You can see the fog in the valley

Thank you, Mr. Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.