Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Cibola and Van Problems



A few days back I was driving back to Scaddan Wash from town and my car just seized up and stopped, as though I was slamming on the brakes . . . but I wasn't.

The guy behind me started honking his horn and it pissed me off enough that I got out, went to his window and loudly explained, "I DID NOT PUT ON MY BRAKES!  MY CAR JUST STOPPED SO HOLD YOUR HORSES AND I'LL TRY TO GET IT STARTED AND OUT OF YOUR WAY!"

He sheepishly apologized. I got back into the car, started it up, and drove on. But the Tracking System light stayed on.  A few days later, at Cibola, after a trip into town, the check engine light, the Tracking System light and the VCS light all came on together.  I did some research online and this appears to be a common issue with these Toyota Siennas, so I'm not TOO concerned.

I have an appointment in Blythe tomorrow to have the "fluttering sound" checked. I've also researched that and am hoping it's something minor as well, as it ALSO seems to be a common issue.

Cibola has been pretty some days, but windy as hell most of the time, and frankly, I'm weary of being wind-beaten.   I took a walk yesterday over at the Wildlife Refuge. It was nice walking through the cottonwoods and on the way out I saw a couple of coyotes.








 I was a bit depressed yesterday. I have learned we form "families" when we're living this lifestyle. We meet folks, camp with them, get to know them, and it's REALLY difficult to say goodbye!

I've grown fond of Vern and Merle, almost attached, and was feeling like I'd better move on for a few days before it just got worse. I think Merle felt it also, because she headed out this morning for Wickenburg. And I plan on just driving back to Parker once my car is fixed tomorrow. So Vern will be on his own for a day or two. I'm hoping both he and Merle will follow me to Parker Strip, once we have a few days alone, though, because I'm going to miss both of them like crazy!  Vern makes me laugh... constantly, and Merle and I have told each other our deepest secrets, which has created its own type of bond.

Last night, Merle and I sat out around our coffee can fire. It burned a good hour and a half before we got cold and put it out.





Today, I'm packing up and getting ready to go.

Sad...

But wishing Vern and Merle Happy Trails and hoping to see them down the road.

Love,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.