Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Another Purge! Parker Strip.

After getting my new battery, I headed back to Parker Strip, hoping to nab Karylee's nice spot by the river and stay 2 weeks.  Luckily I only paid through the 5th, because I ended up leaving early.  The morning Karylee left, a crew began construction on some condos right across the river. The giant earthmovers pounded incessantly for hours, and after a while, I realized this wasn't going to stop for some days.

I packed up and left and headed back to Desert Hot Springs.
Here are some photos of my 2 night stay at Parker Strip.



Camp host Lynn paying attention to one of the many burros that visit each day.


Parker has the most stunning sunrises and sunsets!

Karylee's hummingbird feeder goes with her everywhere!


We woke up around 4:30 am to watch the Supermoon Lunar Eclipse.
I tried to catch photos, but my iPhone wouldn't cooperate, 
so I nabbed this one from Facebook. 
It really did look like this.
It was just spectacular!
I'm so glad I woke up to watch.

Once more, I said goodbye to Karylee.

Then I headed back to Desert Hot Springs for a much-needed hot tub 
and a visit with my ex and friend, Joe.  

While there I took EVERYTHING out of the van.
I washed her, inside and out.
I got rid of even more things I don't need to carry around.

A friend, Renko, gave me a rack for the tailgate,
and Joe put it on for me.
I bought a box to hold some of the items 
that were taking up space inside.
I bought a chain and lock for the propane tank, 
which now lives outside.
And I bought some straps to hold everything on tight.

Did I tell you I bought a toilet?
I got weary of dealing with the Luggable Loo disposal bags.
The toilet is so much more comfortable,
and at night I use it as a nightstand.

I have so much more room inside now!


Tomorrow I head back to Cibola 
to meet up with Vern for a couple of nights.
Then I'm not sure...
Maybe I'll go across southern Arizona, 
then back across Route 66 when it warms up a bit.

Wherever I go,
it will be an adventure!
Life is so good!
Stay tuned.
Love,


Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.