Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Rubber Tramp Rendevous 2018

A few days before the RTR was to begin, our group traveled to Scaddan Wash and set up camp.  I really didn't take many photos of the RTR, because I figured there'd be hundreds posted by the other 3000 participants!  Days were spent attending workshops and making new friends. Nights were spent around the campfire, singing songs and laughing. I'll treasure the memories of this, my first Rubber Tramp Rendevous!

Here are a few of my favorites:


The sunrise and sunset at Scaddan were phenomenal!


Andrew directing traffic, "SLOW DOWN!"

Merle helped Nelda with the Welcome Table

Van Dwellers beginning to gather . . . 
Me with Merle

Me with the Woman Now Known as Betty
With some HUGE Amethyst Cathedrals at Tyson Wells

Jerry and Nelda "getting round"

We had a colorful camp, thanks to Joe W

Kimba, who lives out of her car with her cat

I love this photo of Jerry!

Me

Me with Merle - my "evil twin!"  lol! We have had so much fun!
Me, my friend who wishes to remain anonymous, and Merle
OH. MY. GOSH!  I laughed so much and had such a wonderful time with these two!  Never a dull moment!  We ended up leaving and going to Cibola together. I finally found two people who "get me!"  What a kick!  I don't know where the road will take us - or how long we'll hang out together - but my life has certainly been enriched by their friendship and love!

Some kind soul donated food for the staff and between us all and with Sassy's direction, our camp kept them fed.





Andrew - a gentle giant of a man who I came to love.
Peace, Dude!

I love the cozy way my van feels inside
 I put a note up on the bulletin board that I wanted someone to help me turn my passenger seat around so it would face the rear.  A couple of days before the end of the RTR, this cute-as-heck guy dropped by and offered to do it for FREE!  I couldn't believe it!  I have so much more room now and a chair to work in!

I offered to pay him. He declined, and then to top things off, he turned Merle's seat around too!  What a nice thing to do for us!

You can see his videos on flatbedtruckingsamrides on YouTube.  He brought  Sam by on his motorbike next day.


Sunset at camp was always gorgeous. 
  I don't think I will ever tire of these fantastic sunrises and sunsets.  One thing I love about this lifestyle is living so close to the earth. Each morning, I open the side door of my van, make a cup of coffee, sit in the doorway and watch the sunrise.







Once the RTR was over, the Women's RTR began. I decided not to attend. Vern, Merle, and I headed on over to Cibola to photograph the burrowing owls at the wildlife refuge there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.