Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Anza Borrego - Loving the Sunsets!

My Ma Cato loved to watch the sunrise and sunset, and I guess I got that gene from her.  I can't get enough of it.  There's just such a feeling of being grounded and of being a sacred part of the ALL that floods my soul during the time of the rising and setting sun.  They are my two favorite times of day.

My Ma Cato and I used to lie on our backs out on Sunset Rock at Sequoia National Park and watch the sunset. Or she'd toss a quilt on the grass and we'd watch the big fluffy clouds passing by. I miss these quiet, introspective times with that wise, open-hearted matriarch. I can only hope that with age, I might also lose my tendency to be judgmental and to inherit her ability to love.

And so, these times when I'm all alone in the quiet evening, watching the sun sink over a mountain, I can just hear her say, "Isn't God's good earth just a miracle, Sis?"

Yes, Ma, it is . . .

Here are some photos I took while camped on a plateau near Borrego Springs this past week. I could look east and see the moon rising, and at the same time turn west to see the sunset.







This is a pano shot showing the moon rising on the left and the sun setting on the right.

Sunrise over the flats
These photos don't do the colors justice. Right now I only have my iPhone for taking photos. If anyone has suggestions for lenses or apps to purchase for the iPhone that will do a better job of capturing color please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.