Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Van Bedding First Round

My new mattress arrived yesterday. 
It came all rolled up tight in a box 
and the instructions said to leave it unfolded flat 
for 24 hours so it could decompress.

The mattress is a cot mattress. 
It is a trifold so if I decide van life isn't for me, 
it will be perfect for company. 
It is 4 inches thick and this morning looks a lot different 
than in the photo below.

I used the time to cut the down comforter and duvet down to a manageable size.
 I cut a row off the side and a row off the end, and now it fits perfectly!

It was easy using my serger, 
and I thanked my grandmothers again for teaching me to sew!
(Note: A few months later, I bought a queen sized down comforter, doubled it, and put it into a twin sized sheet-type duvet. 
It has been PERFECT
and toasty warm in even freezing weather. 
I wash the duvet when I do my laundry,
maybe once a month.)

The mattress before decompressing.
I cut down the comforter AND the duvet to fit.
Once I get the bed made, I'll take another photo.

The van is coming along. 
Today the milkcrates arrive so I can organize the back end. 
I'm having a great time projecting, 
but a difficult time keeping what I take to a minimum.

I originally was going to use a round 5 gallon water bottle and pump. 
The pump arrived damaged, and in the meantime, 
I found a 5 gallon water jug that was rectangular in the basement. 
It will work a lot better!

My window film arrived today 
and I'll get some of it put up today and take photos.

Stay tuned.
Love,
Annie

*** Bedding and water are updated in later posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.